Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

3 posters

Panzer targets Marks I and II

EL6
    EL6

Panzer targets Marks I and II Empty Panzer targets Marks I and II

Post  EL6 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:04 am

Well, having spent a frustrating day yesterday, and a much more rewarding day today, with some help from historical interpretor and re-enactor Adrian Warrell (who lives five minutes away from me) I finally got both versions of the above finished. It didn't help my not having a decent workbench with vice to work on as our old work bench was outdoors and finally collaped after having rotted away! No vice, no anvil but Mr Warrell has all of these and within about half an hour we had em' completed. Hopefully, they will not be able to be destroyed now by you lot! See what you think when they put in a appearance...
    scallywag
    scallywag

Panzer targets Marks I and II Empty Re: Panzer targets Marks I and II

Post  scallywag Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Heyup Mr Russ
    Yes just remember we try to set it on fire, wonder if we can keep it alive for any length of time??
    Boots
    Boots

Post  Boots Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:28 am

Just remember the Northover team NEVER miss but hopefully we can deflect the flame away from the flammable bits. Look forward to our first strike
    EL6
    EL6

Post  EL6 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

I've had a metal plate riveted to the back of the Mark I so we can attach charges to that in an attempt to save it as long as possible. Also, the Mark II version has a metal plate rivetted onto both sides, so that we can fire the charge on the side not seen by the public, depending on which way the tank is going, of course...
    EL6
    EL6

Post  EL6 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Harold, have you ha ay thoughtsabout trying to get the Nortover to fire a second round in quick succesion, so we can have a hit and a miss? Bit more realistic..?
    Boots
    Boots

Post  Boots Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Still thinking but not easy. Requires two tubes within the barrel and a changeover switch to connect the second charge. Don't know if first explosion causes sympathetic detonation of second charge when they are in close proximity. Will try creating something when weather warms up a bit and I can work in garage without freezing over!! We'll talk later on this
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Yes see what you mean H, the charge could be done but won't look good unloading then reloading a projectile that has suposed to be fired, much easier and authentic to have it explode in the barrel as often happened. LOL.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content