Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

NYMR carried from members section

scallywag
    scallywag

NYMR carried from members section Empty NYMR carried from members section

Post  scallywag Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 am

Various bits confirmed now. Accommodation sorted, All parking at the Village hall before we leave Saturday for the Parade. Parade route not finalised yet but should have 14+ Mjr. David not there till Sunday so Mr. Amy leading us, be at the school around 0945 preferably before for our rehearsal, usually set off at 1048?.
    Dress for Parade is serge battledress, belt and bayonet [if can get of other belt? Respirator bag slung, rifle. Belt, cap badge and buttons along with boot toe caps to be polished.
    From Goathland after flag raising at 0900, Bacon sarnie Saturday so need to get a lunch after the Parade as nothing provided on camp and not confirmed buffet at Village hall till Friday 11th. Looks like a good audience from us. Saturday scenario's are Gate guard, Air Raid, Ammo train, kids drill, Village patrol, Nun. After flag down I want a quick 15 minute practice/set up of Butterfly bomb on the location.
    Sunday, Expect around 18 on camp throughout the day, hope to keep all busy?? flag up 0945 after full English, quick practice of new 10 minute anti paratrooper drills. Scenario's, Butterfly bomb, Ammo Train, kids drill, Village patrol [includes anti para drill], Nun. Lunch provided courtesy of the Land army, May, need a guard to bring it on camp. All as well as gate guard.
    Enjoy
    scallywag
    scallywag

NYMR carried from members section Empty Re: NYMR carried from members section

Post  scallywag Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:32 am

Still no reply from either NMR events or AFMC about the Parade route, They promised to let me know when confirmed, poor to keep their marchee's in the dark as to the route I think
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Well we did it. Firstly it was a privailge to take us and the Howarth Home Guard for a proper drill on the square and not a bad Parade shame about the ongoing train delays that caused Keith to miss the Memorial Hall reverse arms. The weekend started badly with a delay putting up the camp as sewerage was pumped out of our camp area, the trains were all up the creek Saturday we were set up for air raid and ammo train but had to be stood down more than once, eventually cancelled, only just getting in the nun. Sunday the rain set in with ernest, the gas went haywire and cooked bacon, egg, beans and tomato on one ring plus kettle, and i'm only a Sgt. not bad at multi skilling now, rain till lunch time, a great big effort from May [and Jenny] for a fab lunch, then we sort of made up for it with the best ammo train yet and the new anti paratroop drill. I would like to thank you for all the nice comments about my performance Saturday Eve at the Hall, could have been a disaster but I think not now. And a thank you for all members and guests who made a potentially poor weekend into a most enjoyable one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:30 pm