Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

3 posters

Aux denims

Rat man sam
    Rat man sam

Aux denims  Empty Aux denims

Post  Rat man sam Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 am

Aye up

I'm thinking of unbadging my denims which are currently ER202. Is it more accurate that aux units had no insignia?

Im thinking of unbadging them so I can use them for normal HG and for new impressions like bomb disposal. They also come in handy when it is really hot weather.

Any thoughs?

Sam
    MattWR5
    MattWR5

Aux denims  Empty Re: Aux denims

Post  MattWR5 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Did they actually wear no insignia though? Well, the answer is yes, prior to the introduction of the titles and the number and letter patches, after approval at - I assume - a very high level (for security purposes).

After that I would have said they would wear them, especially in a pre invasion scenario in a country filled with people wary of the 5th column, plus civil crime had gone up in some areas thanks to the black market.

Someone asked to stop by a snap army patrol wearing plain denims might be asking to get arrested - especially if they couldn't answer any questions. This is all something not well documented as you will know.

I can think of 4 reasons why you 'could' get away with wearing none.

1 new recruit, hasn't recieved any yet
    2 intelligence officer authorises his group not to wear them
    3 pre 1941 era when they were not issued anyway
    4 invasion has happened and they had reason to remove them

However, to those vaguely in the know, if you are at an event doing Aux Units, the only thing to identify you from a keen home guard is the 201, 202 or 203 flash.

Regards and best wishes
    Matt
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 am

Bear in mind what year the impression is you want to do, Reserve Battalions for the AU was not set up till 1943 thats when the insignia was issued, late 41 for H.G.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:13 am