Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

2 posters

What lurks in your County Records office..?

EL6
    EL6

What lurks in your County Records office..? Empty What lurks in your County Records office..?

Post  EL6 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 am

There I was in Preston on Friday, picking up some olive drab fingerlesss mittens, snd I decided to pop into the County Records Office, which holds the records for all of Lancashire (Parish, old school records, etc)...I spies a referencee to to a map of Home Guard defences in the area and hey presto, they bring out a wartime street plan of Preston, with ALL the wartime anti-aircraft gun positions, blockhouses, sentry posts, entrenchments, machinegun positions, even the patrol rotes all marked on, in different coloutred inks! It was marked on by one of the Preston Home Guard units; I wish they'd saved one for my area, being as Preston is 17 miles from where I live. Just shows you what lurks in your County Records office; perhaps you should have a look in yours, or easier still, email them..?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What lurks in your County Records office..? Empty Re: What lurks in your County Records office..?

Post  Admin Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 am

I got the entire War Diary for the 44th RTR free from the records office

James
    EL6
    EL6

What lurks in your County Records office..? Empty RTR?

Post  EL6 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm

What pray, does RTR stand for, Master Brown?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What lurks in your County Records office..? Empty Re: What lurks in your County Records office..?

Post  Admin Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Royal Tank Regiment

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:04 pm