Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

2 posters

Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire

scallywag
    scallywag

Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire Empty Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire

Post  scallywag Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Next event [21st] is Morley, after a not too impressive parade last year which I complained about hopefully this will be addressed. NWW2 supplying the arena battle again which is good. so the H.G. will be parading after a quick rehearsal.
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire Empty Re: Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire

Post  arnhemsteve Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:31 am

j wish the land rover was on the road for this one! would have loved to have driven it in the parade. oh for a warm dry summer to get it going
    scallywag
    scallywag

Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire Empty Re: Largest St. George's parade in Yorkshire

Post  scallywag Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 am

Strangely Steve, never seen any vehicles in this parade, always a first I suppose.
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

Post  arnhemsteve Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:44 am

one of the lads from nww2a took his jeep on the parade 2 years ago. they put a load of bottled water in the back & were letting the " marches " have a drink as it was so hot!!! last year there was plenty of water!! I don't think the organisers mind a vehicle or 2?
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:39 am

Probably one of the best events here. Good turn out by us and a nice change to have the performances in front of us, yet again very interested public, I'm sure the 1 mile parade took 4 mile's with Gene Krupa on the drums, and the weather kept good for us.
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

Post  arnhemsteve Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 am

agreed, a really good event, nice to meet the new members to the club

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:29 am