Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

2 posters

TRAINING DAY

scallywag
    scallywag

TRAINING DAY Empty TRAINING DAY

Post  scallywag Fri May 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Thwaite Mills, we had an 'emergency' day here which was worth it in safe weapon handling, this was going to be the theme for this day however I have more stuff to replace it. Camp set up, Drill [of course]. Northover drills, as the No. 2/3 are not always at every event day. Butterfly Bomb scenario, bringing this one back maybe. A new one based on the public information film, Dealing with an Incendiary fire. Plenty to go at, bring lunch and looking at muster around 11.30 o'clock. Camping available while the event next day.
    scallywag
    scallywag

TRAINING DAY Empty Re: TRAINING DAY

Post  scallywag Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:27 pm

It appears our leader has booked us in for more work, grenade practice with the kids straight after the kids drill, [I have not seen the final programme yet]. I will be setting up our firing demo. If anyone would like to take it they would be most welcome to come up with ideas, i.e. spuds or bangs, it can be rehearsed Saturday. I need to know before if you need anything.
    Boots
    Boots

Post  Boots Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:01 am

Not sure I'd like to do this as I can't throw very far or use correct method!! (bad shoulders you know!) but I think spuds would be better and possibly one loud bang in the finals when the smallest child throws the last bomb just as a surprise.Usual prizes I assume for all who take part?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:26 pm